Friday, November 16, 2012

Crochet Addict


So for the past month I've been getting into crocheting. Hello, my name is Veronica, I'm 27 years old and I have a crochet addiction :). I don't know what made me decide to pick up my vavo's yarn and start crocheting, but it just sort of happened. When I was a child, my vavo tried teaching me how to crochet but she always said I was holding the needle too tightly, and when I tried making more than one row it ended up crooked. But thanks to pinterest and youtube...I've learned a lot and am so excited to make the cutest hats, scarves and slippers imaginable!!! The only problem is, I wish I had this much enthusiasm while my vavo was still alive so we could crochet together while watching portuguese soap operas - now that would be AWESOME!

So far, I've only made two things. First was this headwarmer w/ flower. Now, when I was a kid I could never make a straight line...a blanket I tried to make for my newborn cousin turned into a triangle and I just gave up. So for a flower to be the first thing I learn how to make is absolutely hilarious to me. But anywho, I used a magic circle and with the help of the Daisy Cottage I created my first flower, and attached it to my black headpiece, and voila! My ears will be warm all winter, and they will be stylish to boot! :)

Second thing I made was this adorable owl hat found on the Daisy Cottage again. At first, I found it hard to make a hat big enough for my friends' baby (because I have never made a hat before) but after numerous tries I finally created this masterpiece. Can't wait for baby Hudson to wear it, and honestly can't wait to make more creations. I'm going to stick to the basics for a little while, because Christmas is coming up so I'm going to making most of my family scarves and maybe some beanie hats. But I'm seriously hooked. Everytime I go to a store like Walmart or Michaels, I end up with more yarn - I really don't need any more yarn considering I have a small bins worth of yarn, but its my obsession along with books - though I do have a Nook, but that's another story :).


No comments:

Post a Comment