Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Don't Even Know Anymore

Why do you do this to yourself?
You have a good job
A family
And yet you sit there depressed ruining your life.
There's no more words left to say.
You have to fix yourself.
Make yourself better, stronger
I don't know how you came to be this way.
I thought maybe me being here would change things
But I was wrong.
I was oblivious before
But now I'm a front and center witness to your own destruction.
I don't know how to talk to you
To get through to you
Because I don't even know if you're still there.
You look like you
You talk like you
But you say things we want to hear.
You've already been sent away to make yourself better.
Do you want to go back?
Or worse...
I can't even think about it.
You're my brother.
My little brother.
What happened to make you like this?
If I was around more
If you could talk to me
All those years ago
If I wasn't so oblivious to my surroundings
Would things be different?
Maybe so.
I can't blame myself though.
I'm here now.
Have been for years.
Though I was miles away
I answered when you called
Spoke to mom and dad constantly about what was going on.
I couldn't do anything then
I can't do anything now.
I feel so hopeless
And yet, you must feel that way too.
But I still don't understand why.
Why do you do the things you do?
We all love you.
I know you know that.
I hope you know that.
We don't know what else to say
Or do
To fix the situation.
Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.
You say you understand
Then you go and do something totally different.
I wish I could talk to you
I wish I could make things better.
But only you can do that.
I love you.
Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment