Friday, March 28, 2014

Crochet Baby Booties

My best friend just had a baby girl and so for the shower I went crazy with crocheting little things. :) One of the things I wanted to make was booties but none of the online patterns were free. But then I found this really cute yellow yarn and on the back of the wrapper was a pattern for "baby shower booties." I followed this pattern to a T and got the cutest baby booties in about an hour or so!
The yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates in lemon custard - I didn't use the yarn for the booties but actually for the flower on the headband. Here is the pattern:




SIZE: to fit baby size 3-6 months




MATERIALS: 1 ball of any type yarn
Size 4 mm (U.S. G/6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge


GAUGE: 16 hdc and 11 rows = 10 cm


ABBREVIATIONS:
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
rs =  right side
sl st = slip stitch


INSTRUCTIONS:
Note: Turning ch 2 does not count as hdc
Ch 29
1st row: (RS) 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in each ch across. 27 hdc. Turn.
2nd - 5th rows: ch 2. 1 hdc in each hdc across. Turn.
6th row: Sl st in each of first 6 hdc. Ch 2. 1 hdc in same st as last sl st. 1 hdc in each of next 16 hdc. Turn. Leave remaining 5 hdc unworked.
7th - 11th rows: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each hdc across. Turn. 17 hdc.
Place marker at each end of 9th row.
Do not turn at end of 11th row.
12th row: Ch 1. Working from left to right, instead of right to left, work 1 revers sc in each hdc across. Fasten off.
Finishing: Fold bootie in half with RS facing each other. Join yarn with sl st at marked row and work 1 row of sc through both thicknesses to join seam down remainder of cuff, around toe and across bottom of foot. Fasten off. Turn bootie right side out. Fold down cuff.


I didn't make a tie but you can to go around the bootie around the cuff.
Tie: Make a chain 12" (30.5 cm) long. Weave through 7th row of cuff.


Other items that I made for the baby was a bunny hat and a headband with a flower attached. I'm going to make more things and will post as I make them :) I'll also try to post the pattern or links to patterns that I used. Happy crocheting :)





No comments:

Post a Comment