Saturday, July 27, 2013

Back to Life

I was craving attention
In the worst kind of way.
All alone I felt
For I had moved away,
From my friends and family
Of whom I held so dear.
Embarking on a new journey
Was a longtime goal and fear.
Making new friends would be easy, I thought.
Not trying to replace the old,
But new hang outs, new people were needed
To welcome me here.
To rid myself of my past.
Look forward to the future.
But friends were hard to come by
In this small town.
What acquaintances I had
Left me high and dry.
Missing my friends from the north
I yearned for companionship.
I had none,
And then there was you.
You walked into my life out of the blue.
I didn't know where you came from
I was lost and confused.
I didn't think you were real.
Happiness was back.
You lit up my world.
This was how life was supposed to be.
No questions
No games
Just you and I
Together laughing and holding hands.
It all looks so easy.
I've waited a lifetime for you.
Felt like eternity.
When I was down on my luck
About had enough
You stepped right in
You lifted me up.
You showed me how lucky I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment