Friday, July 26, 2013

Fairytales are Real

The saying goes that "you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince." Well, I think I've found him. I've definitely kissed a lot of frogs, for sure. This guy is different though. I've only known him for a short time but I do feel the connection, happiness and bliss that leads up to the L word. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm beginning to see the silver lining and that all my past mistakes, betrayals and hardships are at an end and its finally time for my Happily Ever After.

Butterflies all over
What is this feeling taking over?
I've lost control of my emotions.
I don't think I've ever felt this way.
My world's flipped upside down.
Are you the prince I've been waiting for?
The one to take me far away
To a world I have only imagined.
A world of knights in shining armor
Saving princesses locked away in towers,
Fairy godmothers and animals who talk.
I've always known it was make believe
But dreamed a dream that one day
I too would have my happily ever after
With a prince fit just for me.
Is it really real?
Or a little girls fairytale?

No comments:

Post a Comment